Friday, September 25, 2009

How do i talk to my mom about marijuana?


QUESTION:

My boyfriend is going to be growing medical marijuana. completly legally helping sick people. how do i tell my mom about this? we've never talked about pot before. i'm 24.



Liz this is a good question. Too many children don't talk to their parents about the dangers of drugs. The first step is to try and let them know you aren't coming down on them and being a "square." Try and relate to them by saying, "Hey, I know what's cool. I know what's happening. Did you catch that episode of 30something? Pretty sweet huh?" That will let them know you are "one of them." Then try to bond using a common enemy. Say, "Hey, how about those yahoos in the healthcare debate? Huh?! This guy knows what I'm talking about." Old people get really worked up about that. Just join in on whatever side they're on. Then say, "Speaking of health, you know what's bad for your health? Weed cigarettes. Yeah."

Since you're coming at them as a friend, they'll be more likely to listen. Tell them that it can cause:

-Hallucinations
-Insanity
-Paralysis
-Death

Source(s):
I am with the D.A.R.E. program

No comments:

Post a Comment